90% of Lizard Point followers would have done better on UK quizNov 112015
We think our American friends take a lot of teasing in the press every now and then when a survey comes out revealing gaps in geography knowledge. So we thought it only fair to report on a story out of Northampton in the UK.
The recent Travelodge survey reveals some shocking facts:
- about 1 in 10 (11%) believe the UK is made up of more than 6 countries,
- Almost the same (9%) believe that England alone makes up the UK,
- Over half (54%) think that the UK has a bigger island than Great Britain,
- In fact, over one third didn't know the difference between the UK and Great Britain, and
- None of the respondents knew how many islands surround the mainland.
Well, to be honest, the answer to that last one (over 6,000) surprised us. However, look for that question to be in an upcoming Trivia quiz. But we do expect all our viewers to get perfect on this quiz.
Now, if you really want to to understand the British Isles a little better, we heartedly recommend the following video (watch until about 2:15 = although the rest is interesting too).