Try this quiz now
What's newNew quizzes and updates in February:
- African rivers and lakes quiz (17 questions)
- The Caribbean islands quiz has been redone to show more islands.
- The Tennessee river has been redrawn in the USA rivers quiz.
- The maps and highlight areas in the Caribbean independent countries and Caribbean independent countries capitals quizzes has been adjusted to exclude the Turks and Caicos islands from the Bahamas selection.
- A new type of quiz - more political than geographical, except you do still have to click on a map to answer. US State Governors recognition by name and photo. Look for the person icon in the navigation area to spot the people quizzes.
- Philippines major cities (20 questions)
- Mexico tourist destinations
- Philippines islands (20 questions)
- South America rivers and lakes - level 1
- South America rivers and lakes - level 2
Please visit the what's new page for a listing of additions by month added.
Attention, teachers and students!You can now get your test results formatted to print and hand in.
Are you using Internet Explorer 6,7 or 8?If you're using IE 6, 7 or 8, you aren't getting the best experience possible with the quizzes. Due to some technical behind the scenes stuff in IE 6,7 and 8, the mouseover highlights and the "show me" feature of the quizzes do not show as nicely as they do in other browsers.
Here's a short video (no audio) that shows the European geography quiz's mouseover and 'show me' effects, as seen in the Google Chrome browser. This is how the quizzes appear in Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari and IE versions 9 and up. The borders of the regions are a much nicer fit and closer to the region's actual shape than they are in IE 6,7 and 8 - especially noticeable on the water borders!
If you'd like to improve your features, upgrade your browser to IE 9 or 10, or switch to Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or the Opera browser.
Having trouble? If you're having trouble with the new quiz format working on your computer or device, please contact us and describe the problem, and what operating system and browser you are using.